Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vacuuming and Napping

About 8 years ago, we had our floors done.  Our house had the original Terrazzo floors, which we thought about polishing up and keeping.  However, they were pretty much unfixable.  My husband's friend convinced us to install 24 by 24 marble.  We went out shopping and loved it.  We bought Crema Selecta marble and a pretty decent price.  We had it installed and polished.  Wow, our floors were like mirrors.  We vowed that day that we would have our floors polished every year.  We did so the first year...and never again.  Marble is a pretty delicate floor, spill something on it and get to wiping quick and dust and dirt plus walking equals dull, lifeless floors.  That's were we are right now.  There is NO shine left. 

Since I've been on this major getting the house fixed up phase, I'm having my floors polished today.  I'm ecstatic.  My husband agreed, but on one condition, I must vacuum daily.  Umm. Yea, that's not me.  My floors get vacuumed and cleaned every Thursday when the house gets cleaned.  There is only two of us and not a lot of traffic.  So guess what I got.



The iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver and can I tell you that I'm in love. Like real love.  Like I have him scheduled to go off everyday and when it starts I actually feel a little butterfly in my stomach.  Is that normal. Is it normal that I have found myself talking to it.  It's like I'm cleaning my house and I'm sitting on the computer or laying on the couch or maybe even napping.  Well actually, the first day it started, I found myself lying on the floor watching it under furniture and following it room to room to see what it did.  As I'm typing this, I promise you I'm not nuts, promise.  

I've had it for a week and I'm really liking it.  It does make it around the house to every room.  It's weird how it goes into a room, leaves, and goes back to it again after.  It really does vacuum and it does a good job at it.  I've had places in my house vacuumed that I'm sure nobody has touched in years.  Our kitchen cabinets are on legs and it actually gets under the cabinets.  Woo hoo.   The best part about it, it docks itself when the house is done.  I don't even have to worry about that.  Love I tell you.

10 comments:

Anna@Directions Not Included 10/19/2011  

Still so jealous of your new pet! I came home and told Ray I wanted one for Christmas. :)

danika herrick 10/19/2011  

I have one of those puppies, and i need to remember to use it! I get annoyed at it though because mine usually runs out of juice before its done, and I have to plug it in to recharge (which I always forget to do). Probably need a newer version.
Off to go turn mine on!

Ali Richardson 10/19/2011  

Technology is SO amazing!!!! Super jealous btw!

Anonymous,  10/19/2011  

awesome! you are gonna help me make my case the hubs!! :)

Emily 10/19/2011  

We recently got one of the Roomba's also. It is a lifesaver because our dogs shed so much and we don't have to sweep every day.

Lisa @ Turning Tables 10/19/2011  

SO funny!! Again, we are so alike! my husband bought us the pet edition iRobot and it is crazy awesome. Going home on it's own....that's my favorite part - awesome!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ 10/19/2011  

lol! I had no idea it really works. Good to know.

Dee

Carrie @ Hazardous Design 10/19/2011  

I hate vacuuming! It really does work?

A Vintage Vine 10/19/2011  

Hope the floors turned out well! Love that vacuum...A friend of mine has one and she loves it too!

Unknown 11/15/2011  

I LOVE MINE!! I don't use it much because my kids are running around all the time and there's always some sort of small toy that will definitely get stuck. when I do get to use it I simply love it because I know that the floor would not have gotten swept otherwise. Enjoy!!

Liz

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...