Monday, September 19, 2011

Metallic Striped Chair

I hope you had a great weekend.  We had a busy one. I spent all of Sunday afternoon working in my front yard.  I bought new landscape lights, mulch, and decorative rocks.  I was going to leave it for the gardener to take care of, but figured I'd rather spend that money on something else.  Unfortunately, I was short about 4 bags of mulch/pine bark and 2-3 bags of rocks.  Hopefully, I'll finish it up this week.

I have a chair that we found a while back for you today.  I had photographed it, but forgotten to post about it.  We found it at a thrift store for $20.00.
I removed the cushion and cleaned it up.
I gave it a coat of grey Rustoleum Spray Paint.
Then I gave it a coat of Metallic Silver Rustoleum spray paint and glazed the chair.  I used the same technique that I used on my sister's metallic table.  Here she is.  We had it upholstered in a pink and white striped fabric. 
I'm loving how feminine the chair feels.  Quite a difference from it's original version.  My blog seems to be kind of glitchy and telling me a script is running that is slowing down Internet Explorer.  Are you getting this message while scrolling through my blog?  If so, does anyone know how to fix it?  

I'll be linking up to these parties

19 comments:

Cassie Bustamante 9/19/2011  

super cute! i love the metallic finish- adds some drama!

Unknown 9/19/2011  

Love how the chair look. amazing what a little paint and fabric can do.

Thanks for sharing!

btw, I'm not getting an error from your blog.

Liz

Chelsea @ two twenty one 9/19/2011  

Beautiful chair! I love the silver mixed with the pink and white stripes.

I'm not getting an error (viewing with Google Chrome).

Stitchfork 9/19/2011  

What a dramatic makeover!
xo Cathy

Maury @ Life on Mars 9/19/2011  

Looks great! What a fun chair! I didn't get any error messages (maybe the blog fairy came by and fixed it for you... here's to hoping!)

Ali Richardson 9/19/2011  

Super pertty chair!! (nope, not getting an error here)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design 9/19/2011  

My grandparents have chairs just like that in their living room. It is cool to see what they'd look like nice and updated :)

Courtney 9/22/2011  

Fantastic!! Love the metallic paint, so glam!!

Unknown 9/22/2011  

So super fun and cute! love it all! Come check me out- www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

Kahli 9/22/2011  

I love how the metallic finish and stripes go so well together!

Katie @ sweetgirlexpressions 9/22/2011  

it turned out beautiful!!

Good Time Charlie 9/23/2011  

This looks awesome! Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed. I have a link party going all weekend, would love if you could come over!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate 9/23/2011  

Fantastic makeover! Thanks so much for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence 9/23/2011  

Simply beautiful, Thanks for sharing at Beyond the Picket Fence!

Jenna@DelightingInToday 9/23/2011  

I really like the metallic paint! What a difference!

Jacqueline 9/25/2011  

The chair looks amazing! I've never use that spray paint! Thank you for sharing at Simply Creations Link Party!

Unknown 9/25/2011  

Wow! Love that chair! Im looking around for a chair to give a makeover, too. Great inspiration :)

c.w.frosting 9/26/2011  

Great silver & stripes combo! The chair looks so light and fun now!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Deana 10/06/2011  

cute! this would be a great addition to my blog party. I hope you'll join!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...