Monday, September 12, 2011

Easy Palm Tree Art

I have a really easy project for you today.  I got the idea from one of my best friends and thought it was perfect.  My sister, Jessica, was looking for more pieces of art for her walls.  Using a large piece of card stock or even the paper that comes with the frame flipped to the back side, if white.  Grab a branch from a palm tree.  We tried a couple before finding the one we liked.   This one here was not flat enough.
Then we found this one in my yard that was perfect.  Lay it on the paper in an angled direction
We then spray painted right over the branch.  The individual leaves seemed to lift a bit as we sprayed. This is not a problem.
Here it is.  You can see some of the over spray that got under the branches when they moved.  It actually gives it a nice effect.
We then placed it in a frame from Michael's.  (Which there happens to be a 50% coupon on my sidebar right now).
Here it is in my sister's little nook.  You can see it here with the zebra rug and the fabric memo board.
She found this beautiful mirror table at Pier 1 Imports. 
I love how the palm tree art looks with the zebra rug.  Do you have any easy art ideas?

I'll be linking up to these parties

10 comments:

Karen @ Lease to Decorate 9/12/2011  

Ooooh, I like this. I may try it was regular leaves and make it an autumn theme.

mary 9/12/2011  

Wow, love it! When I read the title I thought you were gonna frame the leaf, so I was so happy to see the twist and I think it looks perfectly whimsical to match the desk nook! xox!

Jae 9/12/2011  

Good idea. It goes perfectly in that space.

Jodie 9/12/2011  

I'm going to try this on a curbside find table. I love Pier 1. It's dangerous for me to be in there though.

Ryan K 9/12/2011  

WOW, I love that!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence 9/16/2011  

So simple and so perfect! Thanks for sharing at Beyond the Picket Fence!

Anonymous,  9/16/2011  

That looks amazing! Who would have thought it would be so easy? Visiting from TT&J

Jill @Two Yellow Birds Decor 9/16/2011  

I can't believe how simple that is but it makes a huge statement! I absolutely love it!!!

Jill @ http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage 9/17/2011  

Thats a really neat idea;) I love how it is totally original!

gail@My Repurposed Life 9/20/2011  

I LOVE it and it looks fabulous with the rug!
thanks for linking up to catch as catch can.
gail

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...