Friday, September 23, 2011

Birds and Flowers Fall Wreath

I started blogging last September.  One of my first few craft projects was my fall wreath.  I still love it, but now that I've changed the exterior colors of my house, I wanted a new one.  Our house was beige and our door was dark brown, so the old wreath was perfect.  Now, our walls are white and our door is yellow.  I wanted something fresh and more modern.

I headed to Michael's to buy the wreath form. My mom has a huge stash of yarn and I went "shopping" in her drawers.  I also found an adorable little bird.  I never thought I would be much of a bird decorating person, but I kind of really like it.  I, also figure my almost two year old niece will love the "titi" as she calls birds. 
I wrapped a grey yarn for about 3/4 of the way and a white yarn for the other 1/3.  My free yarn was extremely thin, meaning lots and lots of wrapping.  I hot glued the yarn every so often, just to make sure it was secure.
I then made some simple felt flowers and hot glued them to the wreath.  I forgot to take pictures of the flowers in process.  Oops.  I attached some white ribbon I had in my ribbon stash.  Here she is on my yellow door.  I tried to keep the wreath simple and modern.  I wanted it to match the look I'm going for on my house exterior.
Here's the bird.  So cute.
Here is a view a bit further back of the wreath.
I love the look of it.  If only I could change those terrible floors.  Ugh.  I've been doing a ton of work outside.  I will do a full exterior picture when it's a bit further along.  I'm scheming some ideas on how to convince my hubby that we NEED new tile and a new wooden walkway.  Let's see if it works.  I hope you have a great weekend.  We will be celebrating my dads, moms, and hubby's birthday on Sunday night.  It should be fun.  

I'll be linking up to these parties
,

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante 9/23/2011  

so cute! i love the colors on it! and the bird is pretty sweet, too!

jeanette from everton terrace 9/23/2011  

Nice. I really like your yellow door. I have a few things in that color as well. Such a nice pop!

Chelsea @ two twenty one 9/23/2011  

It looks great on your yellow door! I love the yellow and gray combo!

Ali Richardson 9/23/2011  

SO great!!! I love that wreath (and I am totally a little birdie kind of person). great work :)

Lisa @ Turning Tables 9/23/2011  

SO cute!! I love it!

Unknown 9/24/2011  

So fun! I like the contrasting colors you used...I'd love for you to link it to my door decor challenge:

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/falling-for-crafts-challenge-3-door.html

Lindsay 9/28/2011  

This is so gorgeous! I am loving the colors that you chose! Looks perfectly made! I would love for you to share this @ Show & Share!

http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/09/show-share-7.html

Amanda 9/29/2011  

LOVE LOVE LOVE your yellow front door! and that wreath is just beautiful

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse 11/09/2011  

This is adorable! I LOVE the colour combination and the bird is such a unique touch!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...