Monday, April 4, 2011

Week-End Finds

I finally got a chance to go out thrifting. Two weeks ago, I decided to start a boot camp class after work and it has sucked all my time and energy.  I have to work on my time management a bit and see if I could work in my love of visiting thrift stores, crafting, diying, working out, and maintaining my house.  Whew, seems like a lot.  I headed out with my sister on Friday to the Faith Farm Thrift store sale. They have amazing prices and it's so much fun to see what you find. I found this awesome lamp for $10.00 and I'm in love. I walked away from it at first with no idea where to put it, but I had to go back.  I think it might have found a home in my family room.  I love it.
This little wooden bowl was no big deal, but I wanted to add a little warmth to this big white tray.
This final find, is actually my sister's.  Ever since I redid my office chandelier, we've been on the hunt for something for her bedroom.  We found this for $4.00.  It had the same glass panels that mine had, but we left them at the store.  We are not sure what color we will go with this, but she wants to add crystals to it. 
Have you had any good finds?  Any resources to find crystals for the upcoming DIY chandelier?

9 comments:

KLM 4/04/2011  

I love that lamp. It's so unique and fun! Not sure how big that bowl is [or how deep?] but I bet that would work great as a 'coaster' of some sort. Great finds!

Anonymous,  4/04/2011  

Yay you! I really dig that lamp. Love the bargains - I got loads of 'em at the Sunday markets where I live :)

Wonderfully Domestic 4/04/2011  

That lamp is fantastic! I wouldn't have been able to leave it there either :)

As far as crystals, try ebay! I'm sure you can get a fantastic deal (and find a great variety) there!

LBB 4/04/2011  

SO many great finds! Makes me want to go on the hunt today! :)

Stitchfork 4/04/2011  

Love the shape of that lamp and want to see what your going to do with crystals!
xo Cathy

A Vintage Vine 4/04/2011  

WOW, the lamp is so you! Great find! Saw your heart painting....love those stripes! After your project and SUGARPLUMS post today, I am looking everywhere for a wall to give stripes to!

Unknown 4/04/2011  

I had a light just like that in the foyer and I spray painted and added a drum shade! Can't wait to see what you end up doing to this one!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design 4/04/2011  

You guys got some good stuff! Your lamp is my favorite. I can't believe it was only 10 bucks!

Amy 4/05/2011  

Great find on that lamp! Love the mid century feel it has going on.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...