Monday, March 14, 2011

Week-End Finds

I am officially on Spring Break. I am so ready for an entire week of relaxing and laziness. It's been a rough school year and I'm beat.  I found this cute box at Goodwill this week. I think I way overpaid, but there was something about it that I loved.  It was marked for $15, but a piece of it was damaged so I talked to the manager and she gave it to me for $10.  Still high, but whatever, I liked it.  I have to figure out what I'm going to do with it.  Another project in my pile.
My goal this spring is too fix up my backyard patio area. I will be taking pictures this week to show you the before. It's pretty grim right now.  I was driving by my grandmother's house and found the base for a wrought iron table and stuffed it in my car.  I'm thinking of painting it a bright color.  I'm loving the idea of adding navy, yellow, or orange to my backyard. 
I'm not sure what to do about the top.  I am not necessarily a lover of glass tops, but I think this calls for that.  A local lumber store sells round wood tops, would that work outside?  We have no covered porch, so it would have to withstand the elements.  A marble top would be great, but where would I find that? Any ideas? 

13 comments:

Unknown 3/14/2011  

10$ isn't bad! I would have bought it too! Enjoy your break! Ours is next week and I can't wait!

Homeroad 3/14/2011  

Hi!
I think you could make some kind of mosaic table top (maybe with sea glass and shells?). I think you can use wood that is sealed and then seal the mosaic on the top.... Or put glass over your mosaic? Just an idea but I'm thinking it would look great!
Susan
www.homeroad.net

Anonymous,  3/14/2011  

you def could do the mosaic.. would be cute w/ the metal pedestal. if you want marble.. just ask the local dealer if he has off-cuts! the box is great too!

jeanette from everton terrace 3/14/2011  

We have brutal summers here so wood gets beat up. Can't believe you just found that base, great find!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons 3/14/2011  

10 bucks?! I would have run out the door skipping with that! =) Its soooo cute! My goodwill is lacking in the fun stuff department, so i'll have to live vicariously through you! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

LBB 3/14/2011  

Great finds! I can't wait to see what you do with them :)

ARK 3/14/2011  

oh YES! Navy yellow or orange?!? AWESOME :) I like getting larger tops for those little tables because there never seems to be enough space on the top...like pairing a bigger piece of wood painted your color and sealed with a cutout of glass in the middle to see down into the base? ....or if you find another one similiar...you could make a giant picnic table or something...

Nikki @ the ambitious procrastinator 3/14/2011  

That box is beautiful!! oh the possibilities. can't wait to see what you come up with.

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon 3/14/2011  

oh my goodness! that's my goal too! I hate my back yard :(

Anonymous,  3/14/2011  

I can't wait to see how you change them! Great finds! I'm your newest follower.

Heather
www.whatitsallabout4u.blogspot.com

A Vintage Vine 3/15/2011  

$10...is not too much! I bought a $5 metal stork, last week and I have no idea what to do with it! Like you, I just liked it. Have a great spring break and enjoy your time off!!!

elizabeth@themustardceiling 3/15/2011  

Great finds this weekend, I would say it was a successful one. Can't wait to see what you do to them. I love the idea of paint the base navy, yellow or orange..fun.

Carrie @ Hazardous Design 3/16/2011  

Hi! Found your blog via The Mustard Ceiling. I had a similar table to the one you found. I loved that thing...it had a round wooden top that I kept covered with a tablecloth.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...