Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Life, Crafts, and Whatever Guest Post

I am so excited to be doing a guest post over at Life, Crafts, and Whatever.  I'll be sharing some of my favorite projects and some questions about me and Jen will be here doing the same!
****
Hey JandJ readers! I'm super excited to be here, guest posting today. I mean, I heart this blog. I know I wasn't the only one drooling over her zebra print bench, right? And I know no matter what Jeanne posts, I'm going to add another thing to the "Things I totally gotta jack/copy/steal get inspiration from" mental check list. But since you're already reading her blog, you already know she's awesome. So let's talk about me, shall we?


My blog is called Life, Crafts and Whatever. The title is pretty much what you'll find there. Random ramblings, family stuff, crafts, whatever. My biggest successes to date?










Rather than do a tutorial, we decided to shake things up and do a little Q&A. Cause you are dying to know more about little ole me, right? (Just say yes, it makes things easier.)

What is your biggest fear/phobia?  yeah, besides the normal ones (being alone, something bad happening to my loved ones, spontaneous combustion, blah blah blah), I'm going to have to go with locusts. Like, seriously. Make me scream like a little girl and run in the other direction. I would totally post a pic, but then I'd have nightmares tonight, and no one wants that. I used to have a chameleon, and one day I fed him a locust I caught in a field. And he bit off the head, and the body continued to buzz and WALK AROUND. So now I'm terrified of them. Snakes? No problem. Clowns? Bring it on. Locusts. Eek. Heebie jeebies.

Were you named after anyone?  Nope. Two doctors said I was going to be a boy, but my mom said I was going to be a girl, and she was going to name me Jessica. Well, my mom's friend was also pregnant and went into labor/delivered the day before I was born. And she stole my mother's baby name. So Jessica became Jennifer at the last minute.

Who would you choose to play you in a movie?
Ummm, if the movie is about me, and I'm supposed to be sweet and a-freaking-dorable? Then Zooey Deschanel.

 If my character is supposed to be a super hot bombshell? Then Mila Kunis. Seriously, stunning.

What three people, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner party? First would be Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter. I loved that show, and actually cried when he died. Yeah, I just said that. But his love for animals was inspiring, and I loved the relationship he had with his wife. Plus, I dig slightly eccentric, crazy people. So him, and Tom Hanks, my favorite actor. And then my grandmother, because she's awesome. And then we'd go get another tattoo when we were finished. Seriously, she's a whole bunch of awesome. Grandama = Awesomesauce.

Why did you start blogging?
I've been long time blog stalker. I love to craft, and hubby kept telling me to share my crap crafts with Blogland and start my own blog. So voila! I've "met" some really cool people throughout it. Purdy awesome.

Any crafts you want to learn/wish you were better at?
I wish I knew how to crochet/knit. I can do the basic stuff, crochet wise. But it takes me forever, and my stitches aren't even, and I get irritated and never finish, and then I decide that crocheting sucks. Happens every time.

So thank you, dear Jeanne, for allowing me to take over your blog today! I hope you'll stop by my blog for a visit. Cause seriously, that'd be awesome. Like cheesecake and warm fuzzies awesome.
Photobucket
****
OK, seriously you need to go over there.  I love how real and really funny Jen is. I find myself thinking so many of the things she writes about, but have no way/or the guts to write them down. You gotta love that! Don't even get me started on the creativity of this girl. Who would think that paint chips could look like that. Thank you so much Jen, I loved having you here.

PS...Some of you have gotten a sneak peak of this post like two times. I'm not sure what I'm doing. Oops. I'm trying to schedule my post for the morning so I don't have to wake up so early and I think I'm doing something wrong. What a mess.

3 comments:

Life, Crafts and Whatever 3/23/2011  

Thanks for swapping with me, doll! You're the best!

Lesley 3/23/2011  

Sigh...Zooey. For real I have had the biggest girl crush on her since 500 Days of Summer. I liked her before that but didn't like-like her till then.
And In The Sun plays in my head at least twice a week. She & Him rock my socks.

Stitchfork 3/23/2011  

Two for one! Two new fun blog finds in one - thanks!
xo Cathy

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...