Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Celebrating 40 Years and I'm a Winner

This weekend was my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary. Amazing! We were trying to coordinate something, but she had already sent out an evite for their party.  My mother-in-law is all about the party.  She threw herself a Quinces x 4 (Sweet 16's, but at 15 years old) for her 60th Birthday. I'm talking tiara, cape, and big ball gown skirt.  It was hilarious.  So back to this weekend, my sister-in-law and I decided to work on the decorations for the party as a surprise to my in-laws.  She was in charge of the cake and framing some old picture in black frames that we spread out on the tables. I did the centerpieces.  We decided to go with a black, white, and red theme.  Here is what I came up with.  I bought 12 dozen roses for 6 vases that I had from my wedding.  I glued a black ribbon to the center of the vase and made a little monogram on my computer.  Very simple and super pretty. 
I am by no means a florist, but I think they came out really pretty. My mother-in-law actually teared up when she saw what we had done. That made it all worth it.  She gives so much to us.

On another note, I found out last night that I won a Homegoods gift card giveaway from Domestic Jenny.  I am so excited.  I was in a bit of a grouchy mood and she totally made me smile.  I can't wait to go shopping.  Jenny's blog has been one of my favorite finds.  She has beautiful taste and is quite the DIYer (?).  I'm talking sketches, plans, step by step directions.  You have to check it out. Thanks Jenny!

I had a nice surprise in the mail yesterday. I won this adorable little box from Aesthetic Outburst.  It was part of her 20 in 20.  I am amazed at the craftiness of this woman and I love how her children are being raised in a home full of art.  

 Aesthetic Outburst
Have a great day!

{Please check out all the linky parties I join on the left sidebar}

7 comments:

Anonymous,  3/16/2011  

I love the simplicity of the flower arrangements. The glass containers showcase the beauty of those bright red roses! I'm throwing a 40th anniversary for my parents in May and I'm doing something similar. Looks great!

Heather
www.whatitsallabout4u.blogspot.com

jeanette from everton terrace 3/16/2011  

Congratulations! I think the roses look beautiful and as you know from my post yesterday, my parents celebrated their 46th on Saturday too :)

Ali Richardson 3/16/2011  

Those centerpieces are stunning! Great job (wedding side business?? ha ha). Awesome prizes, congrats! It's SO fun to win!

Karen 3/16/2011  

That is beautiful, I love the ribbon and monogram on the vase.

Unknown 3/16/2011  

Those arrangements are beautiful! I bet she loved them:)

Handy Man, Crafty Woman 3/17/2011  

Those are so beautiful! Love the monogram!

At The Picket Fence 3/18/2011  

Beautiful centerpieces! And congrats on the fabulous prizes! Thanks so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday~
Vanessa

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...