Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wild About You

I think I'm obsessing about this bench a bit. So sorry and I promise this will be the last post until it's actually done. I have a bit of a fear of fabrics.  I love them, but fear buying something and making the wrong decision.  I spend hours researching online and walking the aisles of Joann Fabrics whenever I have a project in mind. I tend to stick to what I know and not make any bold choices. Until this past weekend.  The pictures below are swatches of the fabric I used for my accent pillow for my room.  I know it seems like everything is yellow and grey, but it's only my room and my blog. My favorite places to be :)  So I debated bringing in an accent color for my bench, like a turquoise.  I have some turquoise ceramic pieces that I've placed on my new trays and I'm loving the yellow and turquoise together.  After looking online and searching for turquoise fabrics, I realized that maybe another yellow pattern would be funner.  So what I focused on was the yellow patterns within the fabric itself and searched online.  I thought of a yellow chevron, but it was sold out everywhere.  I thought maybe a stripe, but that seemed boring.


Then I found this yellow zebra linen look fabric and went wild.  I love zebra pattern, but never thought I would purchase anything like this for my house, especially in yellow.  I purchased it online on the spot.  I thought of consulting with all you blog friends, but I didn't want to wait. I'm wild and impulsive like that. 
After I purchased the fabric, I decided to do a search online for yellow zebra print and this is the only image I came up with...I think I love it. So is this too wild?

12 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace 2/09/2011  

No not wild at all - quite fabulous!

Allison@FabRehab 2/09/2011  

That will make an amazing accent piece! Do it! The great thing about fabric is...it can always be changed!

Anonymous,  2/09/2011  

heck no! i L.O.V.E. it!!! and i also love the idea of you bringing in the turquoise! would mix lovely with the grays and yellow. :)

Danielle Oakey Interiors 2/09/2011  

not at all, i love it!

Kim@Chattafabulous 2/09/2011  

I think I love it too! And I just saw a cool tufted ottoman at TJ Maxx in the waverly bedazzle, maybe even the same colorway. Gorgeous!

Unknown 2/09/2011  

Love that fabric!

Life, Crafts and Whatever 2/09/2011  

Yeah, that's gorgeous! So gorgeous I'm half tempted to find a place in my house just for it. Yellow zebra goes with tuscan style, right? :P

Vicky 2/09/2011  

Never too wild. Go for it!! I personally love it. Would make a great lamp shade

Tara Lauren 2/09/2011  

Go for it! That fabric is amazing!

I gave you your the Versatile Blogger Award!

http://lldecor.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-lucky-gal.html

Anonymous,  2/09/2011  

It will be great! I love fabric :)

LBB 2/09/2011  

Love it! If you get sick of it, just change it again :) I also love that chair!!

Unknown 2/10/2011  

I have awarded you the versatile blogger award
http://traindoesntstop.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards-galore.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...