Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our Nightstands-Simple Fix

When I posted this picture of our room in my New Year post, I was a little shocked by the condition of our nightstands.  The reason we chose this bedroom set was because of the measurements and our tiny room. You see our Ikea wardrobe to the right of the bed.  It is a wall to wall closet that holds unbelievable amounts of storage. We love it, not necessarily that you can see our clothes through it, but the storage aspect.  We chose the Pax Wardrobe with sliding doors.  I will give you a tour of our wardrobe soon, when I get it organized, it's a hot mess.

This is our Ikea Hopen Nightstand that goes with our bed.  I love that it's on casters. It's easy to move around and with our limited space, that is sometimes necessary.

So back to the subject.  Our nightstands, you see everything...I mean everything. What a mess. 


 So I got white card stock and just taped it to the inside of the drawer.  Huge difference. 

What do you think?  Pretty simple fix.

6 comments:

Rashon Carraway 1/19/2011  

Isn't it fund how just a few boxes can make the world of difference? Great job.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Anna@Directions Not Included 1/19/2011  

Simple fix but it does the job. Looks much cleaner and you would never know there is paper taped inside.

jeanette from everton terrace 1/19/2011  

So simple it's almost genius. These are the kind of great ideas my husband has (and I don't). Thank you for your very kind words on my post today :)
PS - I have Ikea wardrobes in my closet!

Danielle Oakey Interiors 1/19/2011  

such a great fix. you are so creative!

Kellie Collis 1/20/2011  

Brilliant! Simple and very effective fix. It is easy to change the color too, if you wish to match the sheets. Have a delightful day, Kellie xx

Anonymous,  5/17/2013  

Do they still make that type of night stand? I just purchased some hopen dressers and cannot seem to find the nightstand to go along with it...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...